GreenLearner GreenThoughts by Amanda

BOTTLING GREEN

PepsiCo has developed the world’s first PET plastic bottle made entirely from plant-based, renewable resources.  The new “green” design will launch in 2012 and is expected to significantly reduce the beverage company’s carbon footprint.  The eco-friendly bottle is made from raw materials such as pine bark and corn husks.

Not to be outdone, Coca-Cola has been using and selling a bottle in nine countries made out of 30 percent sugar cane from Brazil.  Coke is also working on converting the remaining 70% to a plant-based material.  The company’s goal is to convert all its plastic bottles to plant by 2020.  More importantly, Coca-Cola has created a new business stream for itself.  The company entered into a licensing agreement with HJ Heinz Company earlier in 2011 whereby the ketchup maker will use the “plant bottle” for its products.

(Source: Inboundlogistics.com)

GreenLearner.com is dedicated to helping professionals to study and pass the LEED exam.  GreenLearner offers free LEED practice exams and we are the first website to offer a free LEED exam simulator.

This entry was posted in GreenLearner GreenThoughts by Amanda. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to GreenLearner GreenThoughts by Amanda

  1. Pingback: Alexander7

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>